West Vancouver is a district municipality adjoined by the District of North Vancouver to the east and situated northwest of Vancouver on the northern side of English Bay. Bordering on the southeast waters of Howe Sound, West Vancouver is also home to Horseshoe Bay.
Over 42,694 (Stats Canada 2011 Census) residents reside in West Vancouver, where natural areas are a big part of the community. It's positioned on the side of the Coast Mountains with proximity to gullies, ravines, waterfalls, creeks, and old-growth rain forests.
Urban wildlife species can migrate from West Vancouver's green belt and parks such as Ambleside, Cypress Provincial Park, Whytecliff Park, Dundarave Park, and Lighthouse Park to your backyard and ultimately to the inside of your home and business. West Vancouver is home to a range of urban wildlife including squirrels, rats, and the ever-adaptable raccoons, which are considered to be the most common wildlife carrier of disease.
To ensure you aren't unwittingly making your home or business easy access for urban pests, follow these simple steps to make certain that all potential food sources are eliminated.
- Maintain garbage bins and keep them secured. Keep garbage in your garage, basement or urban wildlife-secure location until after 5 a.m. on collection day.
- Don't keep food in your vehicle.
- Ensure your compost is working properly and not emitting strong odours; add more brown matter such as soil or leaves, and consider adding some lime to aid in composting and reduce odours. Do not add meat products to your compost and make sure the lid is locked.
- Keep your BBQ clean and grease-free and remove outdoor freezers.
- Petroleum products such as synthetic rubbers, tar paper, paint, turpentine, kerosene and charcoal fluid are also attractants.
- Clear the ground from fallen fruit from trees; don't overflow bird feeders, and feed your pets inside and never leave pet food outside.
AAA Wildlife Control specializes in the humane removal and control of rats, raccoons, squirrels, skunks, birds and bats. We will solve the urban wildlife intrusion to your West Vancouver home and business and eliminate potential damage inflicted by undesirable urban pests.
We will animal proof roof vents, plumbing roof mats/pipes and chimneys, which is an essential step to control wildlife pests from entering or re-entering your home and business for years to come.
With a successful 25-year track record in the urban wildlife control business, our AAA one to 10-year guarantee backs all repair work.
A humane approach to dealing with urban wildlife conflicts and proven methods makes AAA Wildlife Control your urban pest control specialist for your West Vancouver home and business. Contact AAA Wildlife Control.