Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form, such as:
- Age, name, ID numbers, income, or ethnic origin;
- Opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions; and
- Employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute with a client, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs). Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. AWC collects personal information only for the following reasons:
- To provide the products or services that you have requested and maintain commercial relations with you;
- To understand your needs and recommend products and services accordingly;
- To manage our business which includes shareholder and employment matters; and
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We will not use your personal information for any other reason without your consent and will only share your information with third parties to assist in completing the above uses. Any third party’s use must adhere to our privacy policies or be allowed by the legislation. Examples would be an outside payroll service, an agent hired to perform a service for you, a collection agency, a law enforcement agency or emergency services.
We may from time to time use certain information commonly called cookies on your computer to save you time as a Visitor and User of our website. We do not collect personal information in this fashion. If you do not wish this convenience, your browser will likely enable you to reject cookies.
AWC is accountable for all personal information in its possession, including any personal information disclosed to third parties for processing or other administrative functions.
AWC has appointed a Privacy Officer, who is part of senior management, to be accountable for the company’s privacy policies and enforcement. We have also trained all of our partners and staff on privacy issues.
AWC shall identify the purpose for which personal information is collected before collecting it.
AWC shall obtain consent for all personal information collected, used or disclosed by AWC, unless such collection or use is inappropriate, or permitted by law.
Personal information collected shall be limited to information that is necessary for the purposes identified by AWC and be collected by fair and lawful means.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal information collected by AWC, shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required or permitted by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used. We will use our best efforts to keep your information up-to-date.
AWC shall safeguard your information against unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
AWC shall make information available, to its clients and employees, about the policies and practices that apply to the management of their information.
Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their information, and shall be given access to it. An individual will be given reasonable access to their information and may correct any personal information if its accuracy and completeness is challenged and found to be deficient.
An individual shall be able to challenge compliance with the above privacy principles. AWC shall investigate all complaints in a timely manner.8